Friday, April 8, 2011

Beer Review Time! - Two Brothers Brewing Co." Cane and Ebel" Red Rye Ale

Ok so to kick off another shitty and gloomy April Friday in Chicago after another long ass week at work, its finally time to do a review one of my wife's favorite beers.  The mighty "Cane and Ebel"  Red Rye Ale from the Two Brothers Brewing Company.


Located extremely close to where I grew up in scenic Warrenville, IL, this brewery has been on a fucking roll lately.  I mean wow this beer is not only unique as hell but tasty and powerful as well.  With a 7.0% ABV this stuff will knock you on your ass if you aren't careful, it is so smooth my wife drank a 6 pack by herself once and whoa... let me just say I had some freak-ay sex that night!

Ok, TMI again... so the photo above really makes this beer look like its dark brown or black like a porter  but it is actually a really beautiful dark ruby red color.  If I had poured this into a pint glass or had a much more well light background you'd be able to see it better, but here's the best I could do.



So, what does a red rye beer smell like?

Well lets just say it smells like rye bread, sugar, alcohol and hops with an emphasis on the alcohol smell.  I really like the smell of a high ABV beer, some people don't, but to me... it smells like "a good time waiting to happen"  yeah, go ahead and use that quote, I won't trademark that shit because its fuckin' gold I tells ya.

Taste wise, its fantastic!  This ale is not too syrupy, not too carbonated, not too hoppy its just fuckin' money is the best way I can explain its taste.  The aftertaste leaves a bit to be desired in a sort of sour and hoppy way, but not in a bad way, just in a way that just makes you want to drink more of this stuff.

This beer for the taste and flavor a lone is easily a 9/10, but in this economy price does matter.  I do wish it was more affordable because I would buy this much more frequently.  If you can find this on special for $9-$10 for a 6 pack, pick this shit up!  This beer is usually around $11.50-$13 a six pack which is still worth it compared to buying a shitty Bud Light in a bar for $4.
So overall, this beer gets an excellent rating of 9/10 thumbs up, as it is fairly expensive but totally worth it, and I would highly recommend it if you see it in your local restaurant as the beer will go very well with pretty much any type of food.

Most Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment