Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back, Catching Up and Better Than Ever

So OK I was totally devastated that the Bulls lost that series vs. the Heat, but hey they totally overachieved this year and I am very happy about that.  If you would have told me at the beginning of the season that they would win 62 games and make it to the conference finals I would have said, pass me that bong!  So now that I really have nothing to watch on TV and my social schedule has slowed down a bit I plan on blogging more again. 

I guess I could start it off with one of my favorite topics.  Beer!  Now I have some beers currently cooling in the fridge so I can't talk about them yet but don't worry I'll get to that soon enough!  I just want to talk about a few different beers I have had over the last few weeks.  Ones that I can remember anyways.


Lagunitas IPA - fuckin nice beer, so smooth for an IPA, its really great that they are distributing this pretty much everywhere in Chicago now.  This beer and Victoria are going to be my go to beers at cheezy Naperville chain restaurants for hopefully the next decade or so. 8.5/10

Lagunitas Lil' Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale - God dammit such a good beer, so fresh and flavorful (in a good way) for an ale.  Its not that shitty bitter english ale, its more of a slightly hoppy, fresh medium dark ale like Michael Sheas but way better, hard to explain... you just have to try it!  You can mostly find it in hipster bars in Bucktown.  9/10.  Only because it loses a half point for having to go to hipsterville to find it!

Victory Hop Devil - Pretty good IPA but nothing special.  7.5/10  At least its more affordable than most craft beers, and chilled at the local Binnys

Victory Hop Wallop - Found this one in a Scottish bar in West town, now I really like hoppy beer and this really is a punch your tongue with sour and bitter and hoppy amazingness type beer.  I mean this shit if you smell it before you drink it, and you like hops it will make your fuckin mouth water like crazy.  9/10 but I can guarantee that this beer is not for everyone.



Now while we're on the topic of Victory beers, I have one that I really don't like.  I don't know if it was a bad batch or what but Victory Prima Pilsner Sucked!  Hard!  It looked like piss, tasted really bland and at the same time sour and it gave me a really stuffy nose and bad allergies after I drank it!  This happened on two different occasions of drinking so I know this was the cause!  I was blowing my nose like crazy and well it pretty much killed my buzz so basically, fuck this beer!  4/10!  Definitely not a victory for my taste or my septum! 



Yeah that beer sucked ass, but thankfully I had one of these in my fridge to wash the ass taste out of my mouth with.  Delirium Tremens (Latin for "the shakes")!  Yes the worlds best beer of 1997 (aka the best year ever!) I happened to have a bottle in my fridge.  Only thing thats annoying about the beer is that the foil is really sticky so that's a half a point off an otherwise very good score.  9/10 due to its amazing belgian blonde taste.  And yes those are my salt and pepper shakers next to the bottle.  Fucking hilarious right?




Speaking of Belgian blondes, I also had an Affligem Dubel the other day.  Fuckin GREAT SHIT and I actually prefer this to Delirium Tremens!  Fantastic sweet and malty beer taste, but not overpowering.  Basically this beer is pure amazing.  I had it at the Emerald Loop and at $8.50 a beer was well worth it!  I would actually go out on a limb and say that this is the first beer I would give a perfect 10/10 to, but that's kind of anticlimatic considering I am always in search of a perfect beer and don't really want to stop writing about it so, just to be a dick, I give this a 9.75/10.



And last but not least I had some Half Acre Daisy Cutter - pretty damn good pale ale.  Now I'm not the worlds hugest pale ale fan but this one had an extremely fresh and grassy or fruity/orange taste to it which made me really like it.  You know how much I love to smell my beer and this is one of the best smelling beers ever! And it might be one of the best pale ales I've ever had!  I will have to have some more of it this summer as with its flavor it is a perfect summer drink on the outdoor space of your choice. 9.25/10 



I would imagine that my beer is about the proper drinking temperature now, so I am going to stop now.  Check back in later for more content, I swear I will try to update this blog at least 3-4 times a week with random shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment