Monday, June 20, 2011

MMMmmmm... Hot and Juicy

I was in Vegas over the Weekend and happened to come across something so amazing, so delicious I had to share it with you.  Hot and Juicy, at first thought it might sound like a titty bar, or perhaps a fruit soup place, but its just a peel and eat seafood place.

Here's how it works.

You have a menu with a few different choices of seafood which you order by the POUND.  Snow Crab, Blue Crab, Dungeness Crab, King Crab, Shrimp, and Craw-fish (and maybe some other shit but I forget what).  Then you have a choice of 3 sauces.  Juicy Cajun, garlic butter, lemon pepper or the Hot n Juicy Special, which is a combo of all three, and all at varying levels of spicyness (mild to extra-spicy).
I chose 1lb of Shrimp with the Hot & Juicy special sauce, spicy and 1lb of Snow crab with the same sauce.

Before I go any further, let me add that they give you a plastic bib which I must say is a necessity unless you enjoy hotsauce colored splashes all over your clothes.  Also there is no silverware, just a plastic disposable tablecloth and a roll of paper towels.

So now here comes my food.  Much to my surprise its served in a plastic bag...




So I ask my friends, well how in the hell do I eat this?  They say dump it on the table and start eating!  So ok...



About 45 minutes later with my hands completely wreaking of hotsauce and garlic and and my belly full as hell... here's the aftermath...



Well the flavor was fantastic, food was cooked to perfection, the theme terrific, the waitresses pretty attractive, and the price?  About $35 with tax & tip for 2lbs of seafood and 2 beers.   That's fantastic!

Honestly I'm thinking about opening one up here in Chicago that's how much I loved this place!

This food is not gourmet by any stretch of the imagination, but what you get which is a fun dining experience that doesn't kill your wallet... it gets my highest rating ever of 10/10 thumbs up!  *gets an extra point for having the 'happy ending' Asian massage parlor right next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment